On Thursday 18 September 2003 15:08, Nelis Lamprecht wrote:
> I'm a *BSD guy for many years trying out Gentoo for the first time. I am
> having a problem installing Gnome ( please don't tell me to install KDE
> ) and this is my error:
>
> Couldn't find the DocBook XML V4.1.2 DTD.  Please make sure that you
> have the docbook-dtd412-xml package installed. If it is installed, the
> package probably did not register the DTD in the catalog properly.
> Consult http://scrollkeeper.sourceforge.net/docbook.shtml for more
> information.
>
> configure: error: DocBook XML V4.1.2 DTD not present in
> /etc/xml/catalog. Make sure docbook-dtd412-xml is installed and
> registers DTD in catalog.
>
> !!! ERROR: app-text/scrollkeeper-0.3.11-r1 failed.
> !!! Function econf, Line 324, Exitcode 1
> !!! econf failed

This sounds like app-text/docbook-xml-dtd didn't get installed properly. Try:
emerge /usr/portage/app-text/docbook-xml-dtd/docbook-xml-dtd-4.1.2-r4.ebuild
Then try to emerge gnome again. If it works, I can't tell you why except that
maybe there was a problem with the ebuild when you first installed it which
was corrected after you synced. The last update shows as being on Sep 6th
tho...

Jason