On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 08:24, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> On Thursday 18 September 2003 15:08, Nelis Lamprecht wrote:
> > I'm a *BSD guy for many years trying out Gentoo for the first time. I am
> > having a problem installing Gnome ( please don't tell me to install KDE
> > ) and this is my error:
> >
> > Couldn't find the DocBook XML V4.1.2 DTD.  Please make sure that you
> > have the docbook-dtd412-xml package installed. If it is installed, the
> > package probably did not register the DTD in the catalog properly.
> > Consult http://scrollkeeper.sourceforge.net/docbook.shtml for more
> > information.
> >
> > configure: error: DocBook XML V4.1.2 DTD not present in
> > /etc/xml/catalog. Make sure docbook-dtd412-xml is installed and
> > registers DTD in catalog.
> >
> > !!! ERROR: app-text/scrollkeeper-0.3.11-r1 failed.
> > !!! Function econf, Line 324, Exitcode 1
> > !!! econf failed
>
> This sounds like app-text/docbook-xml-dtd didn't get installed properly. Try:
> emerge /usr/portage/app-text/docbook-xml-dtd/docbook-xml-dtd-4.1.2-r4.ebuild
> Then try to emerge gnome again. If it works, I can't tell you why except that
> maybe there was a problem with the ebuild when you first installed it which
> was corrected after you synced. The last update shows as being on Sep 6th
> tho...

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply. The package installs but it has some errors which
obviously relate to the scrollkeeper errors.

Found DocBook XML 4.1.2 DTD in /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xml-dtd-4.1.2
add command failed
add command failed
add command failed
add command failed
Found ISO DocBook entities in /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xml-dtd-4.1.2/ent
add command failed
Found DocBook XSLT stylesheets in /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.60.1
add command failed
add command failed
add command failed
add command failed