On Wednesday 24 September 2003 01:50, Nicholas Brown wrote:
> Can anyone suggest the cause/solution to the below error message I'm
> seeing?
I've got the same thing. It happens when you have installed some masked
packages, and are running without the ~x86 keywords in make.conf.
if you have a depedency that are masked, emerge is not clever enought to see
it as part of the other masked packages and starts complaining.
I've had heaps of this messages after emergeing masked packages with masked
dependecies and doing emerge -UDp world.

One easy way to correct it is to do a: emerge -i
package-dir/packages-name-full.
So for your problem do a:
emerge -i sys-apps/console-data-1999.08.29-r2
It might work then, I suppose it would.
--
Sigurd Stordal
President of GOGS