On 15 Oct 2003, at 10:37 am, paul cooke wrote:

I have

kde-3.1.2.tbz2
kde-env-3-r2.tbz2
kdeaddons-3.1.2.tbz2
etc.

on CD2 (I have 2 Gentoo-1.4 CD version)

I have no idea how to install them simultaneously.  Nor whether they
have to be installed separately.

Kindly advise.

<http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-x86-install.xml>

section 25.1 applies for those with GRP... but those packages apply to a
particular snapshot taken back in September and the portage tree has very
likely changed by now if that's what you are using.

Followed by...

I think the 2-CD sets have a .pdf (and probably html & a textfile) of installation instructions on them. I think these are likely to be more accurate than the website, which (again, *I think*) is more geared to single-CD installs.

now short of actually coming round and doing it for you, these should do the
trick.

I too am finding these postings wearisome. Please advise.

Personally I would recommend...

A different distro. One with an installation GUI. I like Gentoo the way it is, but that doesn't mean it's for all users.

Stroller.