> Hi Mark,
> I have a Gigabyte GA-7VT600 1394 board that also has the VIA KT600
> chipset.  I'm not using the builtin VT8237 but the patch Mathieu posted
> is identical to the driver included in at least the last three versions
> of gs-sources, so there's no need to patch gs-sources.
>
> Peter

Peter,
   "I'm not using the builtin VT8237..."

   I wanted make sure I understand this comment. You are not using which
part of the VT8237? It's a huge chip with a lot of functions - Serial ATA,
RAID Controller, Parallel ATA, portions of Via sound support, USB, keyboard
and mouse controllers.

   I am *thinking* you mean that you are not using SATA, or RAID, or
neither, but I'm not clear. You MUST be using the keyboard and mouse
controllers at least, right?

   I guess maybe you are using just a standard ATA drive and CDROM on the
parallel ATA interface?

   This could be a fall-back position if I do have trouble with SATA for
some reason. (I think I won't, but...)

   I completely get that I do not need to patch gs-sources to use the
VT8237. I just want to be 100% completely clear what you are doing.

Thanks,
Mark