On Sunday 16 November 2003 11:38 am, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi Stefan
>
> >>- snip -
> >>Is it possible to transfer documents between 2 boxes via SSH
> >> without using Samba?  If YES kindly advise how to make it.  I
> >> have tried with drag and drop action without result.
> >
> >I use fish protocol for it ( fish://[EMAIL PROTECTED] ), it comes with
> > ssh so there's no need for additional installation.
>
> I could not find 'fish'
>
> # fish://[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> -bash: fish://[EMAIL PROTECTED]: No such file or directory
>
> # which fish
> /usr/bin/which: no fish in
> (/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/
>bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin)
>
> # whereis fish
> fish: /usr/share/fish
>
> # ls /usr/share/fish
> fish.glade
>
> B.R.
> Stephen

Stephen,
        Fish works fine here with the konqueror file browser.
I can browse my 2nd gentoo box by typing:

fish://[EMAIL PROTECTED]

into the address field. A box pops up that asks for user Ernie's
password which I enter and I'm in. This works as a normal user on my
primary box. I can also log in the same way as root

fish://[EMAIL PROTECTED]

only I don't get asked for the root password as I have passwordless
ssh set up between the 2 boxes for my backup script.
        Your current aggravation seems to be a permission problem.
        I can drag and drop files from one box to the other as long as
permissions allow. I hope this sheds some light on your situation.
--
Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free