The problem with this will be getting *all* the email readers updated with this *entire* feature, -and- getting everyone to update to said newer versions *or* programs if/When! -their- favorite didn't get updated for this.

That said, it sounds like a FINE idea to me.

Now, where'd I put that blamed crowbar?

rgh.

Calvin Spealman wrote:

I know I said I was out of this conversation, but this off the
original topic so I want to make myself clear on what I actually meant
here.

E-mails have unique identifiers, and replies include information in
the header as to the identifier(s) of the original messages. Thus, if
you have the messages (or access to a service archiving them) you
could reconstruct the entire thread from just a single message.

A protocol or format could even be created to designate where and how
other messages are quoted, without actually including the content.
This would be especially useful for very large messages and replying
to multiple messages at once.

Always there is room to move forward, so find the door that need's
unlocked and break it down.