On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 04:56:09PM +0000, Calvin Spealman wrote

> then support for it can grow until everyone will have updated just
> over time. once you know someone's reader has support for it, because
> they send you emails using it, you can send to them without the old
> inline-quoted version.

  AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH   NNNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!

  You know what we'll end up with???  "This email best viewed with
Internet Explorer 6.5 at 800X600 resolution and 16,000,000 with Active-X
and Schlockwave-Trash enabled".  I do *NOT* want to have to go out and
buy Windows in order to be able to read email.

  Secondly, I can read today's text email with a 15 or 20 year old email
client.  (X)HTML doesn't work that way.  It's always changing.  Try
reading most web pages with a 5-year-old browser and see what I mean.  I
should *NOT* have to change my email client every few months to keep up
with deliberate incompatabilities thrown in by Microsoft.

--
Walter Dnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
An infinite number of monkeys pounding away on keyboards will