I don't understand why people get so defensive over these kinds of
ideas. Upgrades aren't evil. If someone complained about a bug, the
first thing you'd do is tell them to upgrade to the newest version.
And I did suggest the multipart protocols to be used, unless you knew
the capabilities of the recipient. And, no, MS does not have to be
involved. There are plenty of standards they act like they don't even
know about!

I'm tired of everyone being so blatently rude in their defensive
stances over simple suggestions of improvement. For some reason, I've
noticed these actions move prevalently in regards to email protocols
and formats. The W3C wants to release a new version of HTML? No one
complains (mostly). Someone wants to create a new e-mail standard, or
expand an existing one? Off with their heads!

Going by the way everyone reacts to these ideas, one would come to the
conclusion that we should all still run nothing but command lines and
pass our information around on FTP and Gopher servers.