On May 23, 2005 01:48 pm C R. Little was like:
> I'm setting up my very first install of wine. I'm a bit confused on which
> one to emerge I would like to use Office 2003 Professional and have the
> ability to run games like world of warcraft. Just more "newbie" questions
> from me. Thanks for the help with everything.

One thing to bear in mind is that, with wine versions, more recent does not
necessarily mean better.  Newer versions contain experimental features that
sometimes break compatibility with particular applications as often as they
achieve compatibility with others.  Because of this I even ended up having to
use multiple versions simultaneously, which got pretty messy.  Some people
say that the versions released in the middle of 2004 (not available in
portage) tend to work better than others.  However a user comment at
gentoo-portage.com recommends the recent version 20050419, so you might want
to give that one a try.

Robert
--
Robert Persson

"Don't use nuclear weapons to troubleshoot faults."
(US Air Force Instruction 91-111, 1 Oct 1997)