Yann Garnier schreef:
> Andrew, Holly, everyone,
>
> I did an 'emerge --info' to check what USE flags were set, and I saw
> that portage used the gnome flag.
>
> This gnome flag is not set in the make.conf
>
> I tried the -t switch ('emerge -pvuDt wold') and the output is just  the
> same ... don't have any  tree of any kind...
> The only thing I can do is to add -gnome into my make.conf and then  It
> is a "regular output".
>
> Do you thing there's a more "elegant" way to run an update properly ???
>
> Any way thanks for your help (I didn't think about the -t switch).

On my x86 system, the +gnome flag is set in
/usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/x86/make.defaults.

So yes, if you want -gnome, you do need to set it specifically in
/etc/make.conf, and then do an emerge --newuse world to get recompile
all of the packages that currently have gnome support included, without
such support.

Holly