On Sunday 23 May 2010 12:21:39 Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:

> It would be great if mailing list software could be configured so
> that only users who demonstrate they know how to unsubscribe could
> subscribe in the first place. Example:
>
> - user subscribes
> - mailing list replies: "please unsubscribe and subscribe again"
> - if user fails to do so within a configurable amount of time,
> forcibly unsubscribe him
> - if user succeeds, leave him subscribed after the second
> subscription.

And how often would you impose refresher tests? Anyone's memory is
fallible, as no-one knows better than I do.

Better for this purpose would be to require all mailing lists to operate
in the same way, but that's equally unlikely, as well as undesirable.

> Just saying...

What does that mean? I had a mother-in-law once who often added it to a
critical remark, and I never understood what she meant by it either.

--
Rgds
Peter.