When you emerge nfs use the tcpd use flag to get TCP support.

-Mike

On 8/2/05, Mark Knecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,
   I have set up a large NFS mount for use as remote storage for our
MythTV server. It works, but since setting it up the mythbackend
program has twice shut down in the middle of the night. Prior to
setting up this storage mythbackend had never, to the best of my
knowledge, ever shut down unexpectantly. Obviously I'm suspicious that
this change is the root cause.

   From the MythTV-Users list I've seen people talking about using NFS
devices but recommending that they be set up with TCP instead of UDP.
So far I haven't yet found any Gentoo docs on how to do this.

   Any comments on whether this is likely to yield better results and
how I might look at going about it? Pointers to the right Gentoo docs
much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark