Hello list,

I've bought (against my better judgement) an Atom N270 box to be a LAN
server, but it's a bit slow compared with the other boxes on the
network. A big bit, actually - 69 minutes to compile a kernel compared
with less than 9 minutes on this workstation.

I thought I'd give distcc a go, but after reading the Gentoo distcc and
crossdev guides and doing what they say I get no result. I might just as
well not have made the effort. The Atom box just labours with the emerge
without trying to send anything to the server box I've set up for the
purpose.

Are the Gentoo guides up to date?

--
Rgds
Peter.          Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23.