Hi,

For my MSI GT430 (nvidia) graphics card I am using
the x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-260.19.29.

But there seems to be something wrong:
When playing videos with faster movements
I see heavy distortions around these parts
of the screen.

Previously I fixed this for another nvidia
card by enabling different sync options
in the nvidia-setting dialog and was happy
that these distortion dont come back, when
I switched to this newer card.

Now: There're back despite my hopes...

I started glxgears and got this output
on the console:

    Running synchronized to the vertical refresh.  The framerate should be
    approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate.
    74062 frames in 5.0 seconds = 14812.268 FPS
    77502 frames in 5.0 seconds = 15500.350 FPS
    XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server
":0.0"
        after 57 requests (57 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

The second sentence say, that there is a syncing active and will get
the refresh rate of the monitor (a LCD screen) back. This wouild be
around 60Hz as far as I know.

And then, the measurements show 15500.350 FPS...

Which slightl above 60 Hz....

To sync or not to sync, that seems to be the question...

By the way: Distortion can be watched as when using mplayer
as with vlc. I recompiled both just to get sure, but it does
not help. The machine is definetly fast enough to play videos
(AMD Phenom II X6 1090T)....

How can I get back the undistorted screen?

Thank you very much in advance for any help !
Best regards,
mcc