HP Probook 4710s just works.

x86_64
Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd (webcam)
Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller
ATI Technologies Inc M92 LP [Mobility Radeon HD 4300 Series]
(x11-drivers/radeon-ucode and x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati)
Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 5100 AGN [Shiloh] Network Connection
Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Device 436c

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 6:12 AM, kelly hirai <kg...@fsu.edu> wrote:

>  thinkpad edge i5, intel  gpu. x86_64 all good.
>

> On 03/30/11 14:31, Robin Atwood wrote:
>
> I am in the market for a new laptop and would be interested if anyone else
> on the list had recently bought a laptop in which all the hardware worked
> out of the box with Linux. I am most concerned about WiFi/audio/webcam, the
> finer points of hibernation are of lesser concern. Currently I have a "Linux
> Certified" machine but I want to avoid shipping costs to the UK.
>

>  TIA
>
> -Robin
>
> --

> Robin Atwood.
>

>  "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
>
> Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
>
> from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling

>  --

> Robin Atwood.
>
> "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
>
> Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
>
> from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling

Kevin Coetzee