On Wednesday 30 March 2011, Robin Atwood wrote:
> I am in the market for a new laptop and would be interested if anyone else
> on the list had recently bought a laptop in which all the hardware worked
> out of the box with Linux. I am most concerned about WiFi/audio/webcam,
> the finer points of hibernation are of lesser concern. Currently I have a
> "Linux Certified" machine but I want to avoid shipping costs to the UK.

Thanks to everyone who replied. The overwhelming choice seems to be a ThinkPad
so I have just ordered a T510 with a Core i7, 4GB of 1033 RAM and a 1600x900
screen Now I can't wait for it to be delivered. :)

Hopefully this thread will be useful to other users.
Cheers
-Robin.
Robin Atwood.

         from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling