* Harry Putnam <rea...@newsguy.com> [110420 13:51]:
> Stroller <strol...@stellar.eclipse.co.uk> writes:
>
> > Consider OpenWRT. You can run it on something like the Netgear
> > WNR2000, the Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH, or something even cheaper if you
> > don't need wifi.
>
> I don't need wifi, but of course OpenWRT won't run on the cisco
> But that WZR-HP-G300NH is looking promising.

I've just purchased one and it arrived today and I installed DD-WRT and
then upgraded to OpenWRT.  It's working well but obviously I've only
just started working with it.

> Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gen...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > I have WZR-HP-G300NH (running DD-WRT), if you don't plan on using wifi
> > it would be great. The wifi is really unstable and I couldn't
> > recommend this device if you're a heavy wifi user, but the wired
> > portion works great, the device itself is by far the fastest I've ever
> > owned, and it has a USB port so you can attach external storage in
> > case you want to use it as a server, too.
>
> Can you make any comment about the logging capabilities?

OpenWRT is running the BusyBox syslogd by default.  I doubt it would take
much to build a syslog-ng (or whatever other logger you prefer) if there
isn't already a package for it.

Oh, I see that there already are syslog-ng (1.6.12-2) and syslog-ng3
(3.0.5-1) packages

You have iptables support so you can do pretty much anything you like
with regards to logging.

Todd