Hi,
On Monday 08 August 2005 23:40, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> Hello!
>
> What filesystem(s) do you recommend for use on a notebook?
> I'm looking for a FS that's fairly stable even if all of a
> sudden the power goes away (battery empty) and one, that
> also doesn't (overly) unneccesarily spin up the hard drive.
>
> I don't think that I'll use Reiser4, as it's lacking an
> online fs resizer. At least making the fs bigger should be
> doable while the FS is mounted.

I do not have any direct experience, but from all that I read over the years I
came to this:

XFS is very fragile, when the power is failing.
XFS will replace damaged files with zeros

this is both not acceptable.

Reiser4 is alpha code in motion.
I would not touch it with a 10 feet pole at the moment.

Well 4 filesystems left ;)