>>> 1. are the lights on or flashing with a cable plugged in and pinging
>>> something valid?

>> No. They are stable

> That indicates a problem - if a packet is going out/in, the lights
> shouls flash

Excuse me; I looked only half a second!!!  Yes they are flashing.

Since this night I found something important: the little box
put in the socket wall from where the cable goes out, doesn't
no more work!!!
When I put it on my two other PCs they can't connect to internet.
For this reason I use one of the boxes, which works, on my desktop.
Between this one and my laptop pings are ok.
The two PCs can recognize each other.
But, on my desktop I don't have yet internet connection.
Is the network card even so out???