Michael Mol wrote:
On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Dale<rdalek1...@gmail.com>  wrote:

It worked fine and it was there with 0 bytes.  Weird.

I sort of gave up on this drive.  I had a very kind soul to send me a video
card when I did this build. He also sent me a 250Gb drive.  I copied all I
could to that but did lose a LOT of my videos and such.  Anyway, I'm doing
this right now:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdc

I figure that will put it back like brand new and very blank.  I'll recreate
my partition, throw a file system on it and see if it will let me copy back
to it or not.

While I am at it, what is the best file system for videos?  That is the
biggest thing I use that drive for.  I had a LOT of NCIS, CSI and other
shows that are now gone.  Anyway, what are opinions on a file system for
videos on a 750Gb drive?  I had reiserfs on it before.
I had a few terabytes of my own DVD rips on ext4 on a 3TB RAID5 once
upon a time. Worked very well.

I'm not picky. Unless someone comes up with something better, I'll give ext4 a try. I have read it is pretty swift plus it is some shiney new . . . stuff. ;-) Shhh. There may be a lady on here too. Read between the lines.

I'm just curious as to how much longer dd is going to take. I wish it has some sort of a progress bar or something. :/

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)