On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 11:12:08 +0200, Alex Schuster wrote:

> Printing is one thing that just seems to work much better on Windows.
> This is becoming better, it looks like the LibreOffice and Firefox print
> dialogs allow to set print features like the resolution. But other
> applications, like Konqueror, do not have this option, so I have
> multiple printers configured in order to select the resolution.

You can do it, but the option is fairly well hidden. In the print window,
select Properties, then the Advanced tab. Double-click the resolution and
it turns into a drop-down menu.

I think this system was designed by the previous owner of my house, who
put light switches inside cupboards.

--
Neil Bothwick

Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.