On 2011-09-06, Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 12:25:22 +0100, Stroller wrote:
>
>> Isn't CUPS really bug and bloaty and horrible?

It's definitely huge.  It does however seem to work pretty well.

>> It has it's own web-interface, which one doesn't seem able to disable
>> - why can't I just configure text files?
>
> You can, or at least you could the last time I tried it.

You can, and in some cases you must.  There are certain strings I
_have_ to put in the config files by hand because the webUI chokes on
them.

> The web interface only does anything if you load it into a browser.

And then it doesn't always do the right thing.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! My vaseline is
                                  at               RUNNING...