On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 4:35 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 12:14:42 -0400
> Canek Peláez Valdés <can...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I repeat that I pointed this thread since the beginning. We (the
>> users) can argue until our mouths are dry. The final decision (and the
>> only one that matters) is on the developer's hands.
>
> That is patently not true. It implies that there is *nothing* mere
> users can do about it, that it is a done deal and we just have to live
> with it.

That's not what I'm saying. I have explained this ad nauseum, I will
not go at it again.

> Nothing could be further from the truth.
>
> Have you never observed a person communicating to another and getting
> them to change their mind?

Of course I have. But then, why are you "communicating" this on -user?

It doesn't matter if you convince me of your POV, or if I change
yours. You need to change the mind of the people that will write the
code, either following the new changes pushed from upstream, or
implementing the support code for the stuff upstream will stop
supporting.

I find the dicussions here usually interesting, but this list is
basically for helping us each other, and to discuss general topics
related to Gentoo stuff. It is not to decide the direction of the
distribution.

Want to change the direction of the distro? You know what needs to be done.

And for sure is not discussing it in -user.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México