On 10/06/11 19:42, Jonas de Buhr wrote:

>> If we have some grub-legacy and some grub2 installs,
>
> why would you do that?

Eventually, grub2 will be all that's available from portage. At that
point, I can either,

1) Install grub2 on some machines.

2) Maintain grub-legacy (and install media) myself.

> have a look at the link i posted. if you really want to keep it simple,
> grub2 can be configured with a single grub.cfg file.

How much work would it be for you to,

  * Learn grub2
  * Travel to my office here in Baltimore
  * Test it on all combinations of hardware that we currently run
  * Document the standard config and any special cases
  * Upgrade a bunch of my servers at 4am?

If you still think it's "not much" then I'd be happy to have you do it
while I drink margaritas.