On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Allan Gottlieb <gottl...@nyu.edu> wrote:
> For me, gnome 3.2 has been quite a regression over 3.0.

Weird; for me it works so much better than 3.0.

> gdm-3.2.0-r1 crashes and when I revert to the 3.0 gdm, I get to the
> login screen but then gnome-shell crashes.  I tried to downgrade to
> gnome-shell-3.0.2-r1, but that needs libgnome-menu, which is not in
> portage/layman.
>
> The crash of gdm is described in bug #385525.
>
> The crash of gnome-shell is described in the following .xsession-errors
> file (tracker-miner-fs.log and tracker-store.log are empty).
>
> any help would be appreciated.
> allan

Are you running the updated git of gnome-overlay? I had troubles with
gnome-settings-daemon until a couple of days.

Can you try to start GNOME with a clean config (no ~/.config, no
~/.local, no ~/.gconf, no ~/.gnome*). Just backup your current config
and remove it from $HOME, or try to start GNOME with a dummy new user.
Also, in my case, having gnome-shell extensions installed caused me
problems when upgrading.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés