Mick wrote:
Is there an overlay that offers AVG or bitdefender?

I found this:

http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/AVG_Anti-Virus

There is a ebuild for it but it looks like it is not maintained. The last changelog was in 2008. It is here:

http://gpo.zugaina.org/app-antivirus/avgfree

Just to cover all the bases here, I have not followed the instructions or anything for either of those links so I can not say if it works or not. So, don't jump in if the water is to deep and you can't swim. o_O I can't swim either. Well, I swim like a lead ball is more like it.

Even tho I don't use a AV tool, I do wish AVG was in portage. I know it works well on windoze and that says a lot. lol

Dale

:-)  :-)