It's out of scope for file transfer protocols; it's a daemon/system-local
problem.  Attach pre-event or post-event scripts serverside for any special
munging or protections you'd like to apply. (Such as triggering an LVM
snapshot, for example...)

(sorry for the top post; in-line can be done in this client, but it's more
cumbersome than I have time for atm...)

ZZ