> You identified a flaw in the system as you were using it. You're right,
> those are flaws. However, you can " fix" those flaws by applying some magic
> as a sysadmin. That's why several posts in the thread have mentioned
> versioning your backups in some fashion. I've mentioned lvm a couple times.

I thought versioning meant that you could roll back to a previous
version.  rdiff-backup provides that.

> I think someone else mentioned pulling the backup target's data to another
> locale, either via a pull from another server, or via something like a
> traditional incremental tape backup.

So the systems push to the backup server and a second backup server
pulls from the first backup server?  Should the second backup server
use rdiff-backup against the rdiff-backup repository on the first
backup server?  I think I've read that's not a good idea.

What does everybody else do?  I feel like the first person to ever
attempt secure automated backups.

- Grant