On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 02:11, Stéphane Guedon <steph...@22decembre.eu> wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 November 2011 02:07:12 Pandu Poluan wrote:

>> > The old GCC version does not get removed.  This is a good thing just in
>>
>> case the new one doesn't work for some reason.
>>
>> > If it works OK, you can manually unmerge the old version:
>> >  emerge -aC gcc:4.4
>> >
>> > Before doing that, however, make sure the new one has been activated with
>>
>> gcc-config and verify that it works by building some random package.
>>

>> And if you're adventurous, add USE "graphite", reemerge gcc, and reemerge
>> world :)
>>
>> Rgds,
>
> what does "graphite" add ?

andrey@robot9000 /tmp $ grep graphite /usr/portage/profiles/use*.desc
/usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc:app-office/libreoffice:graphite -
Enable support for non-Roman fonts via media-gfx/graphite2
/usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc:app-portage/eix:strong-optimization
- Adds several more agressive CXXFLAGS/LDFLAGS for optimization like
graphite (if available). May cause trouble with some buggy compiler
versions. Absense of this USE flag does not strip user's *FLAGS
/usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc:media-libs/harfbuzz:graphite -
Enable support for non-Roman fonts via media-gfx/graphite2
/usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc:media-libs/silgraphite:pango -
Enables the pango-graphite pango module.
/usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc:sys-devel/gcc:graphite - Add
support for the framework for loop optimizations based on a polyhedral
intermediate representation