On 2 December 2011, at 17:48, LinuxIsOne wrote:
> Why I asked to just know if Gentoo is better or openSUSE is better for
> a novice who want to learn Linux, just coming directly from
> Windows...that's why...However, I have liked the Ubuntu (since it is
> easy and nice) but don't know about all Linux in general....is Gentoo
> is also using the same Linux which Ubuntu is using?

IMO you need to try it for yourself. If you have an old PC or a spare
hard-drive then it doesn't cost you anything to install a distro and try it for
a few days.

IMO the most important thing about a distro is not it's technical pros and
cons, but simply how it suits you - how you get along with it.

Having said that, you mention Ubuntu in your comment above. If you haven't used
Ubuntu yet, then I suggest it for a few months first. If you have, can you tell
us why you're thinking of changing?

Stroller.