On Dec 6, 2011 7:19 AM, "Grant" <emailgr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Here's the entirety of my main.cf postscreen section for reference. I've
> > deemed these safe, but you shouldn't enable them without reading what
they
> > do!
> >

> > #
> > # Postscreen settings
> > #
> >
> > postscreen_greet_action = enforce
> >
> > postscreen_dnsbl_sites =
> >        psbl.surriel.com,
> >        bl.spamcop.net,
> >        zen.spamhaus.org,
> >        b.barracudacentral.org
> >
> > postscreen_dnsbl_threshold = 1
> > postscreen_dnsbl_action = enforce
> >

> > ##
> > ## Deep protocol tests
> > ##
> >
> > postscreen_pipelining_enable = yes
> > postscreen_pipelining_action = enforce
> >
> > postscreen_non_smtp_command_enable = yes
> > postscreen_non_smtp_command_action = enforce
> >
> > postscreen_bare_newline_enable = yes
> > postscreen_bare_newline_action = enforce
>
> I've looked up each of those parameters and they sound fine to me.
> How long have you been running them?  Have you been notified of any
> mistakenly rejected mail?  It's very important my server doesn't miss
> any mail, even if it means dealing with more spam.

Similar situation with me. Because my company is in the financial sector,
false negatives are much more preferred than false positives.

(Although I can always weasel my way out of any problems caused by slight
configuration mistakes, I prefer not having to put myself into a situation
where weasel-ing is needed :-)

Rgds,