On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Tamer Higazi <th9...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi people!
> I want to upgrade gnome 2.32 to gnome 3.
>
> First question, is it now officially supported by the gentoo team or
> should I keep my fingers away of it?!
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/gnome/howtos/gnome-3.2-upgrade.xml
>
> doesn't tell me a lot how to accomplish this task. Is there any official
> documentation telling me how to doit, unmasking, flags etc....

I don't think any part of the GNOME 3.x stack is masked anymore, but
it is still unstable. GNOME 3 is completely supported in Gentoo: I'm
running GNOME 3.2, and everything works without a hitch. But, if you
are running stable, and you are not used to fiddle in /etc/portage to
unmask or keyword packages, I would recommend to wait for it to be
stabilized. I don't think it will take that much longer.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México