Hi,

I'm using sendmail as my mail-server, and I noticed, that mail for
users is stored in $HOME/.maildir, not in /var/spool/mail.
And each mail is stored as separate file, not all in one file.
WHY???

Some mail clients does not look for new mail in $HOME/.maildir
with default settings (for example elm, only with -f).

Moreover, I expected that all mail will be in /var/spool/mail, so
I created /var relatively big and now I see that it is almost empty.

Even my pop3 server does not look for new mail in $HOME/.maildir,
so no user can download his mail throught pop3...

How can I force my mailserver to use /var/spool/mail?

Jarry