Walter Dnes wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 10:06:59PM -0400, Michael Mol wrote
>
>> revdep-rebuild # mplayer locking up the entire system is unusual, to
>> say the least.
>>
>> The nvidia-drivers build should have screamed bloody murder if you had
>> any incompatible kernel options set (or required ones missing).
>
>   I think the problem is that I specified "xv" for video output in
> ~/.mplayer/config and the Nvidia drivers do not like xv at all.  I
> deleted ~/.mplayer/config and mplayer works.  I'm looking carefully at
> all the USE options for mplayer, and checking them for any more possible
> problems.

I played with these settings on mine and the one that worked best for me
was gl.  I use smplayer, a front end for mplayer, and I selected the "gl
(fast)" setting.  It has several settings and that one seemed to work
without any pauses or anything else.

There are several gl settings tho.  One for ATI cards and a couple other
generic ones.

Hope that helps.

Dale

:-)  :-)