Finally able to test out the fix and I can confirm just appending
"EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1" to /etc/adobe/mms.cfg worked for me.

Here's my card (Zotac brand):
VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [GeForce 210] (rev a2)

On an ASUS M4A88TD-M/USB3

Also, I just use VDPAU in mplayer and VA-API with the VDPAU backend in
VLC.  Works great.