Mark Knecht wrote:
> All of that is the OS, not grub which is in the MBR I think. emerge
> grub-static and then do the install as per the boot loader
> instructions in the manual. It will likely work fine then.
>
> Good luck.

When I did my install, I used grub-static too.  I never tried the plain
one but was told it could have issues with 64 bit.

OP.  The config files should be fine as far as using the old ones.  Just
run the install commands again.  You know, grub, root, setup etc.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!