On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 9:23 PM, walt <w41...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> IOW, try gnome3 on a virtual machine first :)

I think it would be easier if you tried a LiveCD:

http://www.gnome.org/getting-gnome/

For what is worth, I find myself more productive and much more at ease
with GNOME 3 than with GNOME 2 (or any other desktop, for that
matter). Every desktop/laptop computer I put my hands on, the first
thing I try to do is to press the windows key to get the overview;
it's really disappointing when it doesn't work and I realize I'm not
using GNOME 3.

I suggest to try the LiveCD; Walt seems to hate the shell and I love
it, but that's because is a matter of personal opinion. I hate KDE
(all four versions); that doesn't mean it's bad software, or that it
has the wrong design. It's just not for me.

Try it for a couple of weeks, and then decide if you want to try it;
we on the list can help you to get the keyworded version installed.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México