Am 05.03.2013 07:36, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:

> I don't. AFAIK, systemd provides systemd-timedated(8) since systemd
> 30:
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/timedated

Yes, found that as well yesterday.

> In normal desktops/laptops/servers, it just works.
>
>>> I *had* a hwclock.service and removed it now ... no change.
>>
>> Aside from being interested if to run hwclock.service:
>>
>> solved that by entering BIOS and correcting time (was one hour
>> behind, why ever ...)
>
> It helps if the hardware clock is set to the correct time, yes. The
> only problem is if you dual boot Windows (or so I heard).

I read that it should be preferred to registry-fix the behavior in
Windows. I will have a look sometimes ... I very rarely boot that win7
on my workstation.

So the following service-file is unnecessary and at best redundant?

# cat /etc/systemd/system/hwclock.service
[Unit]
Description=hwclock

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/sbin/hwclock --hctosys --localtime
ExecStop=/sbin/hwclock --systohc --localtime

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

pulled that one in from arch linux or so ...

Greets, Stefan