> > Wait, K9 Mail doesn't have a plain text option?
> >
> > Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised, as I am also unable to comprehend why K9
> > might enforce top-posting on replies.
>
> K9 Mail can do both plain text and bottom posting.
> Both set in Account settings/Sending mail.

It can write but forces html onto users, which potentially includes jpg
exploits, png exploits, html exploits, script exploits, font exploits...

And before you say anything. For what benefit, annoying ads from
paypal. I am quite capable of opening a browser and deciding which
domains *I* trust??

Google's network fell into this trap and banned Windows, but did they
fix the real problem or just raise the bar a little (though I expect
they took other unreleased measures that would be more interesting)?

Would be even worse on Iphones where webkit is forced and so as old as
the rom image. Rom cycle time is a major reason why even on cyanogenmod
I use firefox over the chrome package which is ancient.

Of course on Apple laptops even, Safari's webkit is sometimes months old
anywhow.

Having knocked Android, I haven't found the time to try the latest
native email app. I'm not expecting a no html option but I'm pretty
sure it will have some major pluses over k9mail, which was a trade of
good for bad on Gingerbread.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)