On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 00:15:34 +0000, Kevin Chadwick wrote:

> > What are you talking about? K9 forces HTML on no one, it sends plain
> > text if you set it to do so.
> >
> If you receive a html email you have no choice but to execute code to
> handle as per my above examples.

That applies to mails from any software set to send as email, it is not
specific to K9, Android or the price of fish.

> > K9 is not Android, any more than yourfavouriteemailer is Linux. It is
> > a program that runs on Android. As for being less capable than the
> > native app, the opposite is the case as it is based on the code from
> > the native app, but actively developed.
>
> Googles mail is part of android and they do maintain it. I maintain
> that while k9 has some improvements it also breaks things and I guess
> would have not seen light without Googles initial efforts.

Are you referring to the Googlemail or the Mail program on Android, they
are completely different? But I guess there's no defence against such
specific accusations as "it breaks things".

--
Neil Bothwick

Bang on the LEFT side of your computer to restart Windows