On 30 March 2013, at 04:20, Walter Dnes wrote:
> * it could keep up with Youtube 480p videos fullscreen under ADSL 5
>  megabit service.  The stream was the limit.
> * after the speed was bumped up, it could keep up with Youtube 720p
>  videos fullscreen under ADSL 6 megabit service.  The stream was
>  the limit.  The download still couldn't keep up with 1080p videos.
> * This week, I moved from "legacy 6 GAS" to "FTTN 7".  Unlike GAS, FTTN
>  speeds are net, not gross.  So my Speedtest.net results jumped from
>  approx 5.1-5.2 megabits to 7.1-7.2 megabits, and it can keep up with
>  1080p streams.

Sorry, but the speed of your broadband is irrelevant.

You can show the resolution and format of YouTube videos with:
   youtube-dl -F http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US3Px2sePWk

(package is net-misc/youtube-dl)

Decide whether or not you need a new PC and make a new post - UEFI/secureboot
is irrelevant to poor YouTube performance.

Stroller.