Michael, thanks, i know amd64 would be better, i used to had a
multilib system, but for now i have a problem with java and 64-bit so
i'm stuck on the 32-bit world for now =)

Bruce, i see that, it looks like it's hardened indeed, i'll see what
being hardened means and if it fits me, thank you. anyways i'd expect
to also have a non hardened i686 stage 3...

having a better look at things i can see this:
http://gentoo.osuosl.org/releases/x86/autobuilds/20130305/default/20130305/
which has an i686 stage 3. i wonder what changed recently...
i guess i'll go with it for now and just update it...