After updating our systems we lost network connectivity to the
servers. When trying to start net.eth0 we got the following message:

/ib64/rc/net/wpa_supplicant.sh: line 68: _is wireless command not found
/etc/init.d/net.eth0: line 548: _exists command not found

Errror: Interface eth0 does not exist
Ensure that you have loaded the correct kernel modules for your hardware

# lsmod

module used by
tg3       0
lbphy    tg3

eth0

flags=4098<broadcast,multicast> mtu 1500
interrupt=16

lo

flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING> mtu 16436
inet 127.0.0.1 BROADCAST 255.255.255.0
inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128 scopeid 0x10 <host>

Please excuse me, I am running back and forth from the servers and
typing the error message here. Did our configuration get switched to
IP6? These are our DB servers and why me!!! Why ME!!!!!

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Nick