> On 25 May 2013, at 22:26, Nick Khamis wrote:
>> ... As mentioned this
>> would be two separate DSL services, connected using separate bridges.
>> I think I am describing more of a link aggregation or bonding....
>>
>> Also assuming that the service providers support bonding of the linksÂ….
>
> Here in the UK this is a somewhat common thing - there are a number of
ISPs which
> offer bonded xDSL services.
>
> It's certainly possible to use a Linux router to manage such a connection,
> although I don't know the details.
>
> http://www22.brinkster.com/findall/bondedcd.html
>
> http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/reviews/adsl-bonding-how-to-and-revie
> w.html

Bonding network devices together is quite simple, but it needs to be
configured on both ends.
In other words, to merge 2 DSL-connections together using bonding, you
need to get both from the same ISP and the ISP would need to support it on
their end.

If bonding can't be done on the ISP-side, you can use seperate
load-balancing/failover using other techniques.

--
Joost