On Monday 27 May 2013 01:16:31 Nick Khamis wrote:
> By downstream, I mean within our own network. Obviously downstream LB
> from the ISP's DSLAM would be impossible without MLPP, BGP support...

I think that the CONFIG_BONDING option in the kernel will help you do what you
want.  Have a look at /usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/bonding.txt

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-bond-or-team-multiple-network-interfaces-nic-into-single-interface.html

Without bonding, using Trivial/True link equaliser (teql) you could try
something like this:

http://compton.nu/2009/12/per-packet-load-balancing-with-linux/

http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.loadshare.html

From a cursory look the kernel bonding seems to be the latest method of doing
this.  Please let us know what you come up with as the best method for
achieving what you want.
--
Regards,
Mick