On 07/11/13 09:28, Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 20:48:22 -0600, Joseph wrote:

Thanks Alan, yes I'm looking into it and your are the second person who
suggested to me "inotify" is the tool for the job. I've installed
inotify-tools but I think I will need to find more samples to make it
to work :-)

Try incron, it uses the kernel's inotify functions but does the work
for you, and it comes with plenty of examples.

Once I copy the file, the system should notify a use that new file
exist (a message pop-up).  If the use closes the message and will not
open the file, after few ours I want to remind the user that the file
has not been open yet.

incron could launch one script you when the file is created. This
would send the notification and create an at job to send another
notification after a specified time. Then you could have another
icrond task triggered by the file being opened for read, that kills
the at job

--
Neil Bothwick

God is real, unless specifically declared integer.

I found "gxmessage" it is very simple and perfect for pop-up message on the
other computer.

--
Joseph