On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 16:11:56 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> So I split them up and rigged things so each category of thing is in
> it's own distinct directory tree. Like I said earlier, they are just
> paths and you can put them anywhere you like. You too can put yours
> anywhere it makes sense to you.

And if you have more that one Gentoo box on the network, it makes sense
to have DISTDIR and a NFS share for all of them, so save downloading the
same files multiple times.

--
Neil Bothwick

There are some micro-organisms that exhibit characteristics of both
plants and animals.  When exposed to light they undergo photosynthesis;
and when the lights go out, they turn into animals.  But then again,
don't we all?