On Sat, Oct 05, 2013 at 05:06:57AM -0500, Dale wrote:

> > Just remove ohci and uhci from the kernel config
> >

> > These days all you need is ehci for usb2 and xhci for usb3 (unless you
> > are using ancient hardware with physical usb1 ports)
> >

> Well, I'm not sure about my UPS.  It could be old school usb1.  My mouse
> and keyboard is PS/2 tho.
>
> One additional note.  It has ran all day with no problems that I have
> seen.
>
> Dale

The issue is not what interface the UPS uses, but the port(s) on your mobo.

"lspci -k" will show which kernel drivers your USB controller(s) use

You can also look at the mobo manual, or plug the model # in the
manufacturer's website, and check it's specifications.

Very doubtful you have USB 1.{0,1}, and iirc, almost, if not every, EHCI
controller has an integrated Transaction Translator so that you don't need
UHCI/OHCI anymore.

Cheers Homie!
--
Happy Penguin Computers               >')
126 Fenco Drive                       ( \