Am 17.03.2014 20:30, schrieb J. Roeleveld:

> I've been planning to try KVM as well, but am wondering how snapshots work
> with KVM. Not been able to find anything about that apart from
> disk-snapshots. No info if it's possible to take a copy of the memory as
> well.

I run KVM in combo with LVM snapshots for backups. RAM snapshots? Not
sure ...

>> I am right before installing Qemu and configuring the network bridge etc
>> ... the vmdks are already converted. Maybe it doesn't take that long.
>
> I don't think it should take very long. :)
> But, do check that the vmware tools get uninstalled from the guests and
> replaced by KVM equivalents.

I have the VMs now, but both are XP guests and therefore crashing
because the weren't prepared with something like MergeIDE ... :-(

*sigh*

Does anyone know if there is a trick applying these drivers *without*
having a running VMware-Server?